From: "Irish III DNA" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:54:50 +1100

I have the two emails from Thomas Krahn from 2007 on this issue on my website:-
http://irishtype3dna.org/ThomasKrahn1.php
http://irishtype3dna.org/ThomasKrahn2.php
The Rootsweb archives are linked from these emails.

I agree that we need a solution but as these emails have never been countermanded, I continue to ask my Irish Type III members to
subtract 2 from DYS463 (giving 23 generally) and subtracting 19 from DYS452 (giving 11 generally) before entering in Ysearch. I
list the conversions at http://irishtype3dna.org/ConvertMarkers.php

Non-conversion in DYS452 is easy to see, but DYS463 is harder. It becomes impossible to use these markers to search so lets push to
have the NIST/ISFG standards upheld and all the results in Ysearch corrected to match.
Ysearch is owned and operated by FTDNA ... isn't it time this was corrected?

What about it Thomas?

Regards

Dennis Wright

Lawrence wrote:-
We clamored for a resolution of the DYS452 and DYS463 conversion issue years
ago. Nothing ever happened. Or rather, the worst happened: FTDNA began
encouraging customers to enter their values without conversion, but without
back-converting the values that were already there.

It would be easy for me to write off those two markers as hopeless, but
DYS452, at least, turns out to have an distinctive value (27 or 28 instead
of the usual 30) in an R-M198 cluster I'm investigating.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of vernade didier
> I wanted to discuss also DYS452 but this post is already long enough and I
think my
> point is clear : I wish some cleaning of ysearch is done as soon as
possible .