From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:12:55 -0500

Virtually all the labs, including FTDNA, SMGF, and Ancestry, report DYS452
"high."
http://www.smgf.org/ychromosome/marker_standards.jspx

The conversion page at Ysearch does not tell you to convert DYS452 to "low":
http://www.ysearch.org/conversion_page.asp

It appears, to me, the people creating the problem are the ones entering the
value "low."

But are you telling me FTDNA converted some values to "low" and hasn't converted
them back? I rarely work with this marker, so I wasn't aware of that having
happened.

Perhaps we should start a campaign to contact every "low" record we run across
in Ysearch and explain to the person that they need to edit their marker back to
"high." It would take time, but if we all did it, we could eventually "clean
up" the database.

Diana

This thread: