From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:51:53 -0600

Just the opposite. The "low" guys were there first, and established the
Ysearch standard, which (as Dennis cited) Dr. Krahn specifically endorsed.
For a while, Ysearch had explicit instructions to Advanced customers, to
convert high to low.

Mysteriously, those instructions disappeared at one point, and attempting to
persuade people to convert high to low became hopeless.

However, Dr. Krahn has never specifically countermanded his previous
statement, nor has anyone at FTDNA ever converted all the existing entries.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Diana Gale Matthiesen
> The conversion page at Ysearch does not tell you to convert DYS452 to
"low":
> http://www.ysearch.org/conversion_page.asp
>
> It appears, to me, the people creating the problem are the ones entering
the
> value "low."

This thread: