From: "Irish III DNA" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:46:43 +1100

I should have said that while 278 Irish Type III have Ysearch IDS, only 55 have DYS452 results and 84 have DYS463 results.
Sorry about that.
It still stands that the change needs to be across the board for ALL Ysearch IDs irrespective of haplogroup or cluster.

Dennis

Bob,

All my Irish Type III have used the lower values in Ysearch. If I was to try and get all 278 of them who have Ysearch IDs to change
I would have a complete mess.
I am asking FTDNA to program the change as they promised to do 3 years ago, and all records would be corrected at once.
I will continue to ask my members to enter the lower values and keep the integrity of the database until FTDNA do what they need to
do.

Dennis

I just did a search with the 9 unique SMGF markers. It appears that there
may be twice as many highs as lows, largely due to an influx of Ancestry.com
entries. Thus, you should enter high values and try to get everyone to do
it.

Bob Stafford