From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:48:40 -0500

Forgive me, Thomas, but this situation makes no sense to me. If the IT
department is using anything remotely like typical SQL software, the entire
database could be updated with a single SQL command, at least with regard to
DYS452. Here is how simple the SQL command would be:

UPDATE database SET DYS452 = DYS452 + 19 WHERE DYS452 < 24 and DYS452 > 0

And all you have to do to prevent people from entering DYS452 "low" at Ysearch
is to remove numbers below 24 from the drop-down list on the data entry form.

How can *three years* pass without something this simple being done?

Yes, DYS463 would be a tougher proposition, but at least DYS452 could be fixed.

Diana

This thread: