From: Thomas Krahn <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:00:53 -0600

Diana Gale Matthiesen wrote:
> Forgive me, Thomas, but this situation makes no sense to me. If the IT
> department is using anything remotely like typical SQL software, the entire
> database could be updated with a single SQL command, at least with regard to
> DYS452. Here is how simple the SQL command would be:
>
> UPDATE database SET DYS452 = DYS452 + 19 WHERE DYS452 < 24 and DYS452 > 0

To the defense of the IT group I must say that this is of course more
than just updating rows in a table.
Note that the structure needs to be completely re-organized when
micro-alleles are considered and that there are still some markers that
are not clearly defined in nomenclature with the current NIST standards.

This is of course no excuse to delay this change forever. I try to push
this as good as I can.

Thomas

This thread: