From: Anders Pålsen <>
Subject: [DNA] Background relatedness and geneological relatedness
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:42:23 +0000 (GMT)

David, list.

I need to correct myself here as it seems I remembered wrong. My Pima X-match is above 6 Mb but the equivliant cM distance was only a little less than 2 cM. So the segment is in a high preservation area of the X. Still the segment is far past its predicted survival time using simple recombination rate theory.

This emphasis the reoccuring problem of background relatedness vs geneological relatedness, where does the last former ends and later begins and is a segment match real or just noise? I have plenty information in my data to be able to form some kind of "theory" and some seems problematic for example David you have a 7 cM match with an Adigey at chromosome 2. I wonder if this individual would match you in 23andme's Relative Finder.

Anders

--- Den ons 2010-02-17 skrev Anders Pålsen <>:

> David, list.
>
> In PLINK my Pima segment was in a high preservation area
> "above" the centromere of the chromosome at a size of 6 MB,
> in GERMLINE it increased to 8 Mb taking into account some
> missing or error markers (or mutations for that matter). As
> I remember the distance was in cM between 3 and 4 using
> HapMap cM map for the PLINK continous segment.
>
> Anders

Bruker du Yahoo!?
Lei av spam? Yahoo! Mail har den beste spambeskyttelsen
http://no.mail.yahoo.com

This thread: