From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:25:36 -0600

Crazily enough, Ysearch does recommend converting (subtracting from) DYS463
values obtained from FTDNA:
---
DNA-Fingerprint and FTDNA's Genomics Research Center

DYS 463: Subtract 2 from the value reported by DNA-Fingerprint before
entering it into Ysearch.
---

As I have mentioned earlier, that same paragraph used to recommend
subtracting 19 from DYS452. At some point, mysteriously, it was dropped.
FTDNA's IT apparently had time to change a web page, but not enough time to
run an SQL command.

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Diana Gale Matthiesen
> If I had to choose between some 2007 emails buried in a mailing list
archive and
> the *current* conversion instructions online at both Ysearch and SMGF --
which
> you snipped out of the backquote, so I'll repeat them here
> http://www.smgf.org/ychromosome/marker_standards.jspx
> http://www.ysearch.org/conversion_page.asp
> -- I would opt for the latter.

This thread: