From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:40:00 -0600

Yes, the instructions do say to use low for DYS463, so everyone should
convert it, so that FTDNA can add 2 to the marker. However, high is now the
de facto standard for DYS452, since they do not say to convert it. The two
ranges do not overlap, so they can easily change only the low values.

Ancestry seems to have the vast majority of the 9 unique markers in
Y-Search, so anyone interested in matching haplotypes should also search at
Ancestry, also. Unfortunately, the searches are too inflexible for data
miners, so they may need to use Ybase. I have not done much research there,
so do not know if it would be fruitful. We may need to encourage Ancestry
customers to enter their data there, also, since it is possible that
Y-Search may have been hopelessly corrupted on the markers discussed.

Bob Stafford