From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS463 and DYS452
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:42:09 -0500

The instructions at Ysearch tell you how to enter the values at Ysearch. The
instructions at SMGF tell you how all the labs relate to one another, namely,
that all the major labs are reporting DYS452 high. I think both links are
pertinent, so I included both, because what it shows is that no conversion is
necessary for this marker between any of the dominant labs. In other words,
just leave the reported value alone, and we'll be fine.

The fact that the Ysearch standard may have once been low does not change the
fact that it is now high, and it has definitely not "always been low." It's
been high for some time because I don't remember the last time I needed to
convert it.

As I said, several times, DYS463 is an entirely different issue because it isn't
obvious whether someone has entered it high or low. I'm only addressing the
issue of DYS452, where the conversion is obvious because the ranges of values do
not overlap.

Diana

P.S. The only lab on the SMGF page that is shown reporting DYS452 low is
Relative Genetics. Now that RG has partnered with Ancestry, are they still
doing testing under their name? Or does this conversion factor only apply to
pre-partnership tests performed there?

This thread: