From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] : low variance MRCA dates for P310 clades in Italy and SEEurope
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:24:25 -0500

Support for an European route for R-P310 would seem to be fairly
strong from the data we have, but I wouldn't be too quick to conclude
that was the ONLY route.

And the "much later" comment about Italy seems ill-advised. For
example, the six members of the Italy DNA Project who are U106+ have
a higher STR variance than 35 "Central European" members of the R-U106
Project.

VV

On Feb 23, 2010, at 11:19 AM, Alan R wrote:

> Essentially we would be looking only at east-west movements that
> passed through central Europe, starting somewhere in the east/east-
> central area (or perhaps Balkans) and arriving late in south-west
> Europe and much later still into Italy and the SE by a spread/back-
> migration at an entirely different late period.

This thread: