From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] See current issue of Current Biology: Global
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:48:45 +0100

Hi Ken

Review articles in this field are relatively rare and this one is not
terribly out of date. I am going with the "cup half full" version.

I think it is a handy article for people who were looking for a summary
article.

Did anyone find any real mistakes? I also looked mainly at the Y DNA stuff,
and the most surprising thing I saw was R1 most likely originating in South
Asia specifically, as opposed to what I remember in the Kivisild article
they cite for this, which allowed for the Middle East or South Asia? (I am
writing this without having re-checked.)

Best Regards
Andrew

-----