From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] : low variance MRCA dates for P310 clades in Italy and SEEurope
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:01:54 +0000 (GMT)

I appreciate the feedback regarding the sampling and other issues in analysis and interpretation of intraclade variance etc.  Not being mathematical, I rely on others with talent in that area.  Its interesting to hear the opinions of people as to where we now stand on the whole issue and the limitations of the databases, methods etc.   The problem I see is there is no obvious solution to the lack of good sample of 67 STR tested, SNP tested to resolution people with roots from eastern and even central Europe.  So, if the present sample issue means no analysis can be trusted, is there much hope of that changing in the next few years?

Alan

This thread: