From: Carol Vass <>
Subject: [DNA] different test companies & different databases [was:Re:DYS463 and DYS452]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:31:54 -0800

On Feb 23, 2010, at 3:56 PM, "Alister John Marsh" <>wrote:

> It will be as we said about 5 years ago...."good when the calibration issues
> are cleaned up between different test companies and different databases".

I'm not sure this is an apt analogy, but I remember from some very, very, very long ago high school history class that the railroads were able to expand enormously AFTER the competing Railroad companies could finally resolve their long standing differences on the "width of the gauge" (distance between rails). I think of "width of the gauge" ALL the time -- in terms of the differing lab standards for DNA testing. Thank heavens that ISOGG stepped into the fray.

Carol Vass
Kent, WA

This thread: