From: mtDNA H Project <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder Info
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:47:54 -0600

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:22 PM, john <> wrote:
> I too got the email however am wondering if it is worth it, as I have
> already purchased and paid for 12 out of 15 kits at 23andMe.

Goodness!

> Obviously I cannot
> keep this up with each and every company that jumps into the game.  Anyone
> know if FTDNA will do like DecodeMe did and offer a merge of projects????

No. FTDNA is going to offer something that is stable and usable to
genealogists. deCODEme did not do that....

I have heard that it will be possible to import 23andMe data but for
more than that (like the price) I think that we have to see what rolls
out.

> Also is their family finder going to be equal to or better than 23andMe???

At FTDNA, it will be a database of genealogists and people tested by
genealogists. So I guess you those of us who test there will have to
live without the What is a GedCom questions that my new "5th" cousins
at 23andMe ask.

--
Regards,
Rebekah