From: Brownie MacKie <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder question
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:01:13 -0600

Ditto the below: explanation: I HAVE participated in the 23andMe
testing. The people in that group are more oriented toward health than
genealogy. I connected with a "3-5 cousin" that turned out to be a second
cousin once removed, and we've corresponded positively. He and I both had
good research going back years and knew what we were talking about. But
that's one out of 254 matches. Another one and I cannot get enough data
together even after 30 years of genealogy research to prove our
connection. And the rest just aren't interested (their loss). FTDNA is
more oriented toward genealogy, so I think we'll find more connections
there. As soon as I can, I plan to try to send my 23andMe test results to
FTDNA.

Sincerely,
Brownie MacKie
Younger, High, and Bonham projects FTDNA