From: Russ _ <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Lipstick in 23andme sample-ruined?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:42:14 -0500

Some cosmetics have been rumored to have used aborted fetal cell lines, particularly for anti-aging creams. I've not heard about it for lipstick though. If fetal cells lines were being used in the lipstick, then the answer would be that it would definitely matter. As far as animal DNA contaminating the sample, I wouldn't worry about that. They would catch that right away.