From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] french file
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:45:13 +0000 (GMT)

Carol,

One of my goals when I started to gather results from ysearch was to find those not familiar with this field and NOT in project. For example, I was glad to find TQ4X6 in the A3b1 group while this haplotype looks like some E1b1b1 and other "G" haplotypes with 12 markers.
One weak point of the file is that people are pooled together and regional differences are not visible. This is due to a lack of data. I hope we can reach soon a better understanding of regional particularities and the swiss border is one of them.
Here is an update of the French file :

http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/90261920431217746/Fichier-France_3.xls

I'll try to cross data between your project and the data in the file.

Didier

> >Thanks for the comments.
> >Of course there is the frenchheritage project at :
> >http://www.familytreedna.com/public/frenchheritage/default.aspx?section=yresults
> >
> >I worked on the results presented on this site and an
> Excel file can
> >be downloaded here :
> >
> >http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/90261920431217746/Heritage-Tri.xls
>
> Didier and others interested in French genealogy might also
> look at the
> French Swiss project at
> http://www.familytreedna.com/public/FrenchSwiss/
>
> This project covers the French-speaking area of
> Switzerland.  Parts of
> this area have sometimes been in France because of border
> changes.
> We're a small group but diverse.

This thread: