From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] The British Isles DNA Project
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:48:23 +0100

Thanks Anatole!

By the way, obviously a volunteer database with many colonials might have
biases and I welcome thoughts on how to handle that.

I have transcribed the 1801 census numbers for example, which I can keep
handy for purposes of tracking our bias. (Problem: no Ireland until 1821,
after massive population changes.) Any other ideas?

Perfect compensation will of course never be possible, but I think a
reasonable aim is to minimise it. If there are several different ways of
collecting data, including the academic surveys, then they can be compared
and at least this should help us know where potential problems might lie.

Best Regards
Andrew

-----