From: Vince Tilroe <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] L21 and U106 Deep Clade Results
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:02:36 -0700

I'm not surprised at all. What can be done to check this is to extend both
haplotypes to 67 markers and see if the GD proximity holds. Also, the most
telling marker would be DYS492. An L21+ man would most likely have
DYS492=12 while a U106+ man would most likely have DYS492=13.

If this is the case, it speaks volumes about the importance of using at
least 67 marker haplotypes supported by a deep-clade test for anyone with a
predicted R1b1b2 haplotype, regardless of surnames and origins. Anything
less is just not good enough.

Vince T.