From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Call to participants in ALL geographic and haplogroupprojects: fill in your ancestry
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:27:13 +0100

I am quite surprised, going through the membership, just how many people
decrease the value of their membership in big projects by giving absolutely
no ancestral information.

I think it is not just a big minority, but actually the vast majority. This
community can do better, I know for sure.

Please everyone, do remember to take the 5 seconds, plus extra 5 seconds to
work out how to abbreviate enough to fit in the box. :)

By the way, British and Irish counties (like American states) have standard
abbreviations: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/Regions/Codes.html

Best Regards
Andrew

This thread: