From: "Anatole Klyosov" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA] The British Isles DNA Project
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 07:38:58 -0500

> From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
>
> You continue to put unrealistically small statistical confidence intervals
> on your age estimates.
> Could you kindly state the formula which produces them (the confidence
> intervals)?

Dear Ken,

Regretfully, you continue to talk generalities. It would have been SO easy
for you to take those R1a1 haplotypes, since the list was provided,
calculate YOUR own numbers and present here. To provide SUBSTANCE, that is.
On some inexplicable reason you never do it. On the same inexplicable reason
you prefer to keep your overall dismissive tone without proving what you are
saying using the same dataset.

It would be equally easy to read my paper which I have cited here many
times, and which contains all the explanations and formulae. On the same
inexplicable reason you never do it and prefer to discuss what you have not
read.

And, please, let ME decide what is "realistically" and what is
"unrealistically" small or large. I do many calculations and have enough
TRACE data in order to conclude what is realistic and what not. By not
talking generalities, that is. I prefer to discuss data, not words.

Regards,

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: