From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Call to participants in ALL geographicand haplogroupprojects:fill in your ancestry
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:56:49 +0100

Hi Doug

Yes, of course for projects like the British Isles one we are not claiming
to be working on genealogy as such, although of course the aim is to create
knowledge that will help genealogy. So we could even do without ancestor, as
long as we have ancestral place and we are sure the family involved is not
just guessing.

I know your project of course and I understand. I have actually said to
someone once that the Clan Donald project is virtually an Argyll
geographical project. I look at it sometimes as I would to a regional
project.

The clan was so big and powerful, and the personal name Donald so common,
that I think you must have what other surnames might think of as remarkable
matches into nearly every other Argyll related project?

Best Regards
Andrew

---