From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Call to participants in ALL geographic andhaplogroupprojects:fill in your ancestry
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:42:27 +0100

Hi Bud

I understand that you hope not to miss any interesting conclusions coming
from collecting data of people with pedigree connections to Britain. You
won't.

People who do not know which county they trace back to can interact in any
other way they like, the same as a participant. But I do not see putting
your data into the database as the right way to interact with the project.

The database, if it is to be useful, is supposed to represent people who
know which county they came from. Right now more than half the members are
not in this category, which is a significant problem, which now needs to be
fixed.

Concerning information we learn, people without their haplotype in the
database will learn just as much as people with it in. Please encourage all
the people you know WITH a pedigree back to county to join. That is what
will help the most.

Best Regards
Andrew

---