From: Bud Rogers <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Call to participants in ALL geographicandhaplogroupprojects: fill in your ancestry
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:09:18 -0600

On Saturday 27 February 2010 09:42:27 Lancaster-Boon wrote:
> Hi Bud
>
> I understand that you hope not to miss any interesting conclusions coming
> from collecting data of people with pedigree connections to Britain. You
> won't.
>
> People who do not know which county they trace back to can interact in any
> other way they like, the same as a participant. But I do not see putting
> your data into the database as the right way to interact with the project.
>
> The database, if it is to be useful, is supposed to represent people who
> know which county they came from. Right now more than half the members are
> not in this category, which is a significant problem, which now needs to be
> fixed.
>
> Concerning information we learn, people without their haplotype in the
> database will learn just as much as people with it in. Please encourage all
> the people you know WITH a pedigree back to county to join. That is what
> will help the most.
>
> Best Regards
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

In fact my data, and my father's, is in the British Isles database. Kit
numbers N2642 and 86879. For anecdotal reasons I suspect that we are of
Scots-Irish origin, but that is no more than speculation on my part. If you
think we do not belong in the database, by all means remove us. I have no
intention of misrepresenting myself. Like all of us, I am here to learn.

Bud

This thread: