From: "Richard Stevens" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : french file
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:59:12 -0500

Didier,

Your Excel French File is a great idea. Not all the French L21+ guys list
themselves on Ysearch as R1b1b2a1b5, and some of them do not even have a
Ysearch entry (although I ask all of my members to create one). So, I
thought I would send you a list of all the R-L21 guys of French ancestry,
with Ysearch IDs for the ones who have them. I've used the ancestral
surnames but listed the modern versions in parentheses. I've also included
place of ancestral origin, in case you're interested.

1. Bontron-Major - Montussaint, Doubs, Franche-Comte, France (GGWAD)
2. Cartier - Drain, Maine-et-Loire, Pays-de-la-Loire, France (BCDGD)
3. Chartier - Quebec, Canada (French ancestry) (FJ62Y)
4. Delahoussaye - Paris, Île-de-France, France (No Ysearch entry)
5. DePort (Castronovo) - Calvados, Basse-Normandie, France (9EPZE)
6. Doucet Laverdure (Doucet) - La Ferté-Gaucher, Seine-et-Marne,
Île-de-France, France (37RBA)
7. Dubosc (Dubois) - Dieppe, Seine-Maritime, Haute-Normandie, France (CNEMA)
8. Dupuis - La Chaussée, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France (4NFFY)
9. Dusceau (Dussault) - La Rochelle, Charente-Maritime, Poitou-Charentes,
France (RK6ZX)
10. Gery - Morlaix, Finistère, Bretagne, France (FQZHP)
11. Gignoux - Grenoble, Isere, Rhone-Alpes, France (No Ysearch: 23andMe
test)
12. Grenier - Northern France (exact city or town unknown) (4XHJC)
13. Hamon - Le Bourgneuf-la-Forêt, Mayenne, Pays-de-la-Loire, France (CWMYF)
14. Hebert - Descartes, Indre-et-Loire, Centre, France (HRBBQ)
15. Huet - Dol-de-Bretagne, Ille-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France (No Ysearch
entry)
16. Labelle - Saint-Benoît-d'Hébertot, Calvados, Basse-Normandie, France
(YR6AQ)
17. Landry (x2) - Neuilly-sur-Eure, Orne, Basse-Normandie, France (ATSZX and
887S6)
18. La Tour - Peyrignac, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France (ZSEB7)
19. Le Bras - Brasparts, Finistère, Bretagne, France (TG5VC)
20. Le Com - Chateauneuf-du-Faou, Finistère, Bretagne, France (2U26F)
21. Lefeber - France (exact location unknown) (No Ysearch entry)
22. Leprovost - Lithaire, Manche, Basse-Normandie, France (Z89FP)
23. Lessard - Chambois, Orne, Basse-Normandie, France (D39XF)
24. Martin (Pelland) - Péaule, Morbihan, Bretagne, France (6WHUA)
25. Amirault (Mireault) - Tours, Indre-et-Loire, Centre, France (5UFRA)
26. Millot (Mylott) - Villers-le-Sec, Haute-Marne, Champagne-Ardenne, France
(32R4C)
27. Rideau - Louisiana (French ancestry and matches La Tour above 36/37)
(UWN49)
28. Rotrou- Cloyes-sur-le-Loir, Eure-et-Loir, Centre, France (YPDNZ)
29. Schneider - Montbronn, Moselle, Lorraine, France (FWX3R)
30. Sicher (Secher) - Drain, Maine-et-Loire, Pays-de-la-Loire, France
(UE9BU)
31. St. Jorre dit Sergerie (x2) (St. Jacques and St. George) - Le Rocher,
Manche, Basse-Normandie, France (C8Y7Y and QZ8HE)
32. Turpin - Brécey, Manche, Basse-Normandie, France (5CX4Y)
33. Wendling - Kindwiller, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France (ENFH4)

I'm hoping your thread and perhaps this list will help encourage men of
French ancestry to order FTDNA's Deep Clade-R test.

Rich