From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Call to participants in ALL geographicandhaplogroupprojects: fill in your ancestry-
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:59:04 +1300

Just another thought on the subject of ancestry....

FTDNA list matches in their customer database who agree to participate in
this feature. I have many 12 marker matches. However, my first 12 markers
are found in many different haplogroups. Of the matches at 12 markers,
perhaps much less than 5% are significant.

It would be helpful if the lists of FTDNA customer matches included a brief
statement of earliest ancestor, and earliest ancestor location.

I have 153 matches at 12 markers, of which 15 have some GEDCOM information
attached which I can access. But just an earliest ancestor location of say
"Cambridgeshire, England", displayed in the match table would be a great
help to me.

If it was "easy" for me to locate the "more promising" 12 marker matches, I
might be contacting these, and encouraging them to take more FTDNA tests.

I should note that I notice that I don't have any GEDCOM for myself
attached. I will fix that omission in the next few says!

John.

This thread: