From: "Kamel AL GAZZAH" <>
Subject: [DNA] Backbone tests
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:11:11 +0100

Hi All
As per this FTDNA page explaining about backbone tests,
http://www.familytreedna.com/snp-assurance-program.aspx
the follwoing haplogroups can be determined throught bqcknbone test
A, B, C, D, E, E1b1a, E1b1b1, F, G, H, I, J, J1, J2, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, Q1a3a, R, R1, R1a1, R1b1b2, R2, T
I have the following questions:

1) Which rule is used to let particpants know their haplogroup as deep as R1b1b2 for R1b haplogroup and only to J2 haplogroup for J2 one ?
If two particpants pay the same amount of money for 25 markers tets for example, one will know that he is R1b1b2 and the other one will know othat he is only J2, is that fair ?

2) FTDNA state that they do automatically a backbone test for all those for which the haplogroup could not predicted, but this is not the case, we need each time to remind them about teh backbone test, and for some particpants a - remains displayed in ten haplogroup field for many months.

Kamel

This thread: