From: Nelda Percival <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Backbone tests
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 03:42:39 -0600

Hi,
First you need to understand, that most hapolgroups are estimated not tested.

Then consider the percentage of people to each haplogroup. Since haplogroup "R" is I believe the largest at least in Europe, then the company has quite a lot of experience estimating any R or any R clade haplogroup.

If there were as many Js tested as Rs then the likely hood of the estimated results being deeper such as what is estimated for the R clades, would be more likely.

Personally, having to wait for them to do a free test, to insure what haplogroup or clade you are shouldn't upset you.

Remember this they do this to insure your haplogroup only when your estimated haplogroup is in question.

THey do it at their costs, if the wait is to long, then pay for your test.

Many of us who get something for free do not appricate it the way we should.

My two cents
Nelda
Admin: Gilpin, Gillock, Bonstein

This thread: