From: SVass <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] : low variance MRCA dates for P310 clades in Italy andSEEurope
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:15:00 -0800

Let me thank you for your efforts; however, there is one problem. R-U152 can be subdivided into three clades defined by L2+, L4+, and L2-L4- which branched apart around 4,000 years ago. They may have come to Europe at different times via different routes. Let me suggest separating them and then computing the coalescence age for each by geographic region if someone wants useful information.
Sam Vass

On Feb 28, 2010, Tim Janzen wrote:

> Dear Alan,
> I regrouped the data as you suggested. I regrouped the R-U152 data that I had previously done TMRCA estimates on as reported in
> http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GENEALOGY-DNA/2010-02/1266372430. I did not include the data from France. Below is a TMRCA estimate for
> the 12 67-marker R-U152 haplotypes..

This thread: