From: CeCe Moore <>
Subject: [DNA] Darn! My Family Finder test was inconclusive!!! :-(
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:50:35 -0800

I just received this...
"A very small percentage of the tests we perform do not return conclusive results the first time we test.
In these cases, the samples do not produce a reading that allows our lab to determine with 100% certainty
the values for one or more markers or regions. When this happens, we re-test the sample.
We repeat this procedure up to 3 times after the initial test fails to give a clear result.

Your sample failed to produce a clear result in this run.
Below is a status update for your kit number, as well as an estimated time of when the next rerun
is expected to be completed:

FamilyFinder - 3/31/2010 This expected date is based on an unused vial being available
when your order was placed. The unused status was emailed to you in your email confirmation
upon ordering Family Finder. The the email said we do not have an sample on hand a kit
was mailed to you the following business day. When you samples comes back it will be
placed in with the remained samples in this batch."

This thread: