From: "Bart O'Toole" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Call to participants in ALLgeographicandhaplogroupprojects: fill in your ancestry
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:19:32 -0600

While a DNA project administrator may not require knowledge of data base
manipulation, a DNA project administrator with a large project should
have access to someone who knows how to work with the data.
Spreadsheets can only work with so much data - Mike Walsh has done an
believable job with his spreadsheet, but eventually his spreadsheet will
max out. I used to do a lot of data base programming, so on this issue,
I know what I am talking about with spreadsheets and data bases.

This is the first time I've responded to a message from a digest, so I
hope it comes out properly.

Bart O'Toole