From: mtDNA H Project <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Family Finder Projects
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:05:09 -0600

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:26 PM, tewilder <> wrote:
> Family Finder projects are supposed to be available about a week from now.

Keep in mind that the Family Finder tools will be available to other
projects too. So you may wish to look again at starting a regional
geographic project. For example, you could start a project for the
county where your 3rd great grandparents were born.

> The families I have researched don't seem to have anyone testing, other
> than me, so I don't see much opportunity there.

Try writing to message boards. Reach out to some possible 5th, 6th,
and 7th cousins.

> But since at the 5th cousin level there are a lot of ancestors,

Five generations back there are 16 great great grandparents. As a
Family Finder project is autosomal you may safely look at them as 8
couples.

--
Regards,
Rebekah