From: Wayne Kauffman <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] dbms v. spreadsheet
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:20:34 -0800 (PST)

Working with SNP results from Relative Finder or Family Finder can drag Excel to its knees if you elect to do some manipulations on the 500K+rows. I have seen Excel utilize 8 cores at 100% on my i-720 based Dell for 25+ minutes doing something I should have done in PERL or by querying a database.

- Wayne