From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] : low variance MRCA dates for P310 cladesinItalyandSEEurope
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:01:00 -0500

It's hard to imagine that R-L23 originated in Europe, given the hugely
Asia-centric distribution of that paragroup.

If you are compelled to put an origin label on R-M269 or R-L23, then
you'd have to prefer "SW Asia" over "SE Europe".

Even for R-L51, if you had to specify an origin point I'd go with "SW
Asia/SE Europe" to cover the uncertainty.

By the time we get down to R-L11 I think SE/Central Europe may turn
out to be right in the end.

VV

On Feb 28, 2010, at 11:11 PM, Tim Janzen wrote:

> The exact location where each of
> the SNPs that downstream from R-M269 occurred is unclear, but if I
> had to
> make a guess based on all the information we have thus far this is
> where I
> would place them:
> R-L23 and R-L51: SE Europe

This thread: