From: Nelda Percival <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Naming Family Finder Projects
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 01:01:49 -0600

Hi,
Your right that going to far back would cause a project to become to large and unmanageable,but thinking that you can't find measurable segments, isn't totally true.. they could be there. I currently share measureable segments with a cousin at 11 generations.

But let's discuss the 5th generation.. 64 ancestors. (I can only name 24 of them, and I thought I was good..LOL)

How do you pick your couple?

1. Just put the names in a hat and pull out a pair?

2. Pick the lineage with the most genealogy documentation?

3. Pick the one you need the most help on?

Or could you pick like your parents and then name your ancestry to the 5th generation?

Opinions?

Nelda
My websites : http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/

This thread: