From: John S Walden <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464X and DYF399X
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:05:59 -0500

My Waltz ancestors are J2a1 with DYS464x of 12g 13g 13g 16g (today)
gggg is the modal for all haplogroups other than R1b where most are cccg

There is a recLOH mutation that changes the g and c values
this mutation is more frequent than a SNP but much less frequent than an STR
mutation

I estimate the R1b modal for 399x to be 22t 24c 26.1t - but will little
data to confirm.
I have no data on J
If I remember correctly the mutation rate for 399x was estimated at ,03
I am not sure if that is per sub-marker or for all 3 of the markers together
I do not have enough data to tell.
399x is said to be good for sorting branches of family trees but not for J2

I sure wish FTDNA would include the Advanced markers on the project yresults
page.

John W