From: Al Aburto <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464X and DYF399X
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:19:55 -0800

Hi Kamel,
There is public data available at the DNA-Fingerprint website:
http://www.dna-fingerprint.com/ ... look in the Ymatch database (enter
"%" in the "yhgroup" field to see all the data). The "tct" pattern is
common in most people. I have "ttctt". The "c" term is missing
sometimes and this results in the so-called null at DYS425. You'll see
in the database that I have a very complicated palindromic marker set
with recLOH, deletion, inversion, and duplication events taking place
over who knows how many thousands of years. I believe, via Thomas I
think, that the palindromic markers have a mutation rate somewhere
between SNPs and STRs.

The palindromic markers can be very useful for recent genealogy. It was
useful for me for example in the Seibel cluster of the J-L24 Project.

Thomas also has a new palindromic map (version 3) available in his
"downloads" section.
Al

> On 3/2/2010 3:04 AM, Kamel GAZZAH wrote:
> Hi All,
> I received my DYF399X and DYS464X from Thomas as follows:
> DYF399X 20t-22c-26t
> DYS464X 12g-13g-16g-17g
> I belong to J2a4h1 (L24+,L25+) haplogroup and wish to know :
> - if any data available for these two markers in J2 haplogroup.
> - How fast these markers are ?
> - How are these markers useful for grouping different clusters inside a haplogroup ?
> - Is DYS464 gggg common to all J2 people ? or to a more extended group ?
> - Is DYF399 tct common to all J2 people ?
> I found this project with 464 ccgg results , with most of participants in R1b haplogroup.
> http://www.familytreedna.com/public/DYS464x%20ccgg/default.aspx?section=yresults
> Kamel Gazzah

This thread: