From: "Gary & Ann Blakely" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464X and DYF399X
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:55:51 -0600

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:] On Behalf Of Al Aburto
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 9:20 AM

Hi Kamel,
There is public data available at the DNA-Fingerprint website:
http://www.dna-fingerprint.com/ ... look in the Ymatch database (enter
"%" in the "yhgroup" field to see all the data). The "tct" pattern is
common in most people. I have "ttctt". The "c" term is missing
sometimes and this results in the so-called null at DYS425. You'll see
in the database that I have a very complicated palindromic marker set
with recLOH, deletion, inversion, and duplication events taking place
over who knows how many thousands of years. I believe, via Thomas I
think, that the palindromic markers have a mutation rate somewhere
between SNPs and STRs.

The palindromic markers can be very useful for recent genealogy. It was
useful for me for example in the Seibel cluster of the J-L24 Project.

Thomas also has a new palindromic map (version 3) available in his
"downloads" section.
Al

Al,

I can only find V2?