From: Tom Gull <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Danish "homeland" of Viking Era emigrants to EasternEngland and Normandy
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:10:06 -0500

It's all about the signal to noise ratio at such low numbers. If you can be convinced of all of that by such low volumes, then you must also be very accepting of the concept that Alpine Austria is a U106+ hotspot equal to the Netherlands. That's based on the earlier study (not personal test data mining) that showed U106+ to be something like almost 70% of R1b1c there. But I seem to recall that similarly sized numbers there were discarded as being too small a sample to be believable...