Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464X and DYF399X
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 02:44:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Barb

Even though your son is technically cggc, he still qualifies for the 464xccgg project, which is also known as the 464x2c2g project. I recently retitled it just to get across the point that the numbers of c and g type alleles are generally more important than the order in which they are reported. I found his haplotype in the R-L21 Plus project, and it does share more of the key marker values that most members of the large mostly ccgg Leinster Cluster tend to share than you would expect to find matching by coincidence, but it also misses on a number of them. So maybe your son is related to the Leinster Cluster in some way, but it might be a distant connection. If you enroll him in the project, I can more easily compare his results to the results of other project members and that might tell us something. I notice that the results for your son and the Hammers descendant who is listed immediately above him on the R-L21 Plus project tables are very similar. It might be a good idea to try to get that man DYS464X tested, too.

The DYF399X test might make sense for your son, and so might the L159 SNP test. I need to think about those options.

People usually have trouble finding our project because it is classified as a Y DNA geographical project starting with the number 4, so I'm posting a link:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/DYS464x%20ccgg/default.aspx

Kirsten