From: John S Walden <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS464X and DYF399X
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:26:55 -0500

Barb wrote "Are there other tests I should do for him? The 399X? The Family
Finder test is on my future list."

I looked in detail at your haplotype and here are my thoughts

IF you are a part of the Leinster cluster then there is good new and bad
news
The good news is there are a lot of talented people paying a lot of
attention to the cluster
The bad news is because there are so many men in the cluster that even a
close match at 67 markers does not mean you are related in the last several
hundred years

My specific thoughts are these
Your son's GD from our modal is 19 or 20 - I think that would make it the
largest of all the confirmed members
The value of 15 at DYS392 is two off our modal of 13 and we do not even have
a 14 in the project

Our DYS464 modal is 15c 15c 17g 17g - If we assume that is the starting
place
and your son has 15c 17c 16g 15g note I kept the ccgg order to calculate
mutations
The GD for just DYS464 is 4

Thus I estimate you are L159- and not a part of the cluster.

RE Are there other tests I should do for him?

Yes the L159 SNP

RE The 399X Not needed

All you need to look for a match at 67 markers is
GD <=7 DYS 392 of 14,15 or 16
and not cccg at 464x

John W

This thread: