From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Danish "homeland" of Viking Era emigrants to EasternEngland and Normandy
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:26:14 -0800

Yes, Q is highly regionally specific in Scandinavia. It is found at up to
8% in one area of Norway (if I recall correctly Jim Wilson said it was in
the Oslofjord area - I would need to confirm that). Denmark was simply the
area ruled by Danish Kings in the Viking era and their territories included
Vestfold and Oslofjord in Norway, and Oestfold, Halland, and Skane in
Sweden. Hence the incomers to England would actually be from what was then
Denmark not what is now Denmark.

David K. Faux.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Robert Paine <> wrote:

> I have seen a number of Q Haplogroups at SMGF listed as Danish, also Norway
> and Sweden. My Q M346* appears to connect from Norfolk England to Sweden.
>
> RPaine

This thread: