From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] British Isles DNA on-going discussion at new blogif interested
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:03:27 +0100

Hi Steve!

The short answer is "with brutality"! :)

No seriously, there are of course many different types of projects these
days and for this particular project what we want are just the ones with a
documentary trail back to a specific county, preferably back before 1850, or
even better before 1800.

I also personally represent tests in your situation, but in such cases I
would think that for example your Wells cousin is the man to encourage to
"represent" the lineage in the data.

Having your close match make sure they join will normally be a very good
solution, because we are not looking at the surnames anyway.

Hope that makes sense!

Best Regards
Andrew

---
From: Steven Bird <>

What are your thoughts on this problem? How does one handle a haplotype that
clearly is British, yet its origins cannot definitely be place
geographically? I'm sure that I am not the only person with this problem.
:-)

This thread: