From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA Coding Region Concern
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:31:22 -0500

Hello Rick,

You are correct. Your children did not inherit your mtDNA, they inherited your
wife's mtDNA, but you do share your mtDNA with your siblings and with your
mother's siblings -- and any of their matrilineal descendants. So, yes, you
would potentially be revealing information about more than just yourself.

I would like to endorse Ann Turner for the medical analysis she gave me on my
mtDNA FGS. Aside from being fascinating, it allowed me to release my results
without concern as to what I was revealing:
http://dgmweb.net/DNA/mtDNA-T-haplotree-DGM.shtml

She's a subscriber to the list, and I'm assuming she will contact you, if she
hasn't already. I just wanted to put in a plug for the great job she did for
me.

Diana