From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : no match on panel 9 markers
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 02:08:45 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Thomas,

I understand that the counts you provided for DYS556 are for all groups. I don't think there are so many DYS556=12 in R1b . It's a fact that I have no matches in ysearch (Panel 9) and my search of the reason why showed that DYS533=11 and DYS556=12 (in an R1b background = other markers) is rare and for the moment unmatched.
Thank you for these data on panel 9 markers. It would be more helpful if we knew more on the distribution per group. Some panel 9 markers may be group specific (at least partly) ; for example the 4 available cases so far in R-SRY2627 all have DYS522=10 while 11 or 12 are the only values I could find in R-M222 .

Didier