From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ysearch including DYS 389-1,2 & YCA IIa,b
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 05:33:49 -0600

I have found that that the best way to receive lists is with Gmail. It
threads the posts, so it is much easier to follow the conversation and is
compact. You can delete the messages as singles, threads, pages or all at
once.

CDY and DYS464 differ because FTDNA uses the infinite alleles method to
count GD.

DYS389ii is a different problem. DYS389i is not a problem. It is treated
just like any other single-copy marker. However, DYS389ii is really DYS389ii
- DYS389i in disguise. Thus, you need to have both values for a search with
DYS389ii.

See the FTDNA site for further explanation:

http://www.familytreedna.com/ftgroupqiguide.html#groupstatus

Bob Stafford