From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Danish "homeland" of Viking Era emigrants to EasternEnglandand Normandy
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:59:54 -0800

Diana,

Yes I keep a close eye on the "Demes" Project. I wish that more Danes would
"sign up" and have the deep clade testing completed. So much could be
learned with a regional analysis of Denmark is we had a sufficient sample
size. I can only approximate this by seeking info wherever it may lurk in
both FTDNA Geographic and Surname projects, and the new results coming from
23andMe. The latter arrive without a haplotype but at least the parish of
origin and deepest subgroup marker is available (based on my inquiries) and
can be mapped.

David K. Faux.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Diana Gale Matthiesen
<>wrote:

> There is a regional Danish project at FTDNA called Danish Demes, which
> restricts
> its membership to those with a known origin in Denmark. Unfortunately, the
> FTDNA web site has been down for a couple of hours, so I don't know how
> soon
> you'll be able to access the project web site there:
> http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Danish_Demes/index.aspx
> This site is always up to date with regard to results.
>
> I also have a personal web site for the project containing more details:
> http://danishdemes.org/
> Unfortunately, my attempts to bring it up to date this afternoon are being
> thwarted by my inability to reach my GAP.
>
> Diana

This thread: