From: vernade didier <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS533 (Panel 9 and EA)
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:12:50 +0000 (GMT)

Diana,

You are right but it seems that, earlier, some kind of warning against a conversion existed. In an earlier post I mentioned a difference between the YSTR18 and FTDNA panel 9 but this was due to a conversion that I did and I am sure I didn't decide a conversion by myself (even if I can't recall how I was prompted to do it). So, no differences between YSTR18 and FTDNA panel 9 but, may be, some old , wrong entries from some times ago.

I would like to add that these markers deserve better attention than what they presently get. Until now I wasn't able to get enough R1a results to compare to R1b, for example on DYS556 . Vince reported 2 cases of 556=12 in R1b (1 being mine) and I am wondering if early stages of R1b may have DYS556=12 , a little bit like the changes on DYS426 (opposite direction).

Didier

> As far as I know, no conversion
> factors are required between EA's ten "YSTR FT
> Upgrade" markers and FTDNA's ten "Panel 9" markers.  I
> had a pair of brothers
> tested on these markers, one at EA and one at FTDNA, and
> their results were the
> same.
>
> Diana

This thread: