From: Al Aburto <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS533 (Panel 9 and EA)
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 08:06:24 -0800

There were some conversion factors between some of the EA YSTR18 and
DNA-Fingerprint (now FTDNA DNA-FP Panel 9) tests of the same markers. I
haven't looked at this for a few years now though! :-( I tested the EA
YSTR18 myself so that I could be sure of conversion factors. I'll try
to find the emails from EA, but they are probably lost now. :-(
Al

> On 3/6/2010 7:12 AM, vernade didier wrote:
> Diana,
>
> You are right but it seems that, earlier, some kind of warning against a conversion existed. In an earlier post I mentioned a difference between the YSTR18 and FTDNA panel 9 but this was due to a conversion that I did and I am sure I didn't decide a conversion by myself (even if I can't recall how I was prompted to do it). So, no differences between YSTR18 and FTDNA panel 9 but, may be, some old , wrong entries from some times ago.
>
> I would like to add that these markers deserve better attention than what they presently get. Until now I wasn't able to get enough R1a results to compare to R1b, for example on DYS556 . Vince reported 2 cases of 556=12 in R1b (1 being mine) and I am wondering if early stages of R1b may have DYS556=12 , a little bit like the changes on DYS426 (opposite direction).
>
> Didier
>

>> As far as I know, no conversion
>> factors are required between EA's ten "YSTR FT
>> Upgrade" markers and FTDNA's ten "Panel 9" markers. I
>> had a pair of brothers
>> tested on these markers, one at EA and one at FTDNA, and
>> their results were the
>> same.
>>
>> Diana

This thread: